We’re kicking off our 2014 Sagebrush Safaris with our annual Greater Sage Grouse “Lek” Tours.
When: March 31-April 13 (with special a VIP tour March 28-30)
Where: Craig, Colorado
What: Fully guided Greater Sage Grouse lek watch – Only 14 people per trip. Purchase your seat before they sell out! Tours occur in a remote area often during inclimate weather. Please inquire before registering children or if you have special needs accommodations.
- Residents of Moffat, Routt & Rio Blanco Counties – $25
- Regular – $50
- Regular + Conservation Colorado Membership – $75
- Group rates available – contact us for more information.
Don’t forget to arrive in Craig the day before your tour for a meet & greet!
Day of Your Trip
- 4:15 A.M. – Gather gear, check-in and transfer into the trip vehicle.
- 4:30 A.M. – Depart for the lek, Coffee and Rolls available during the drive.
- 5:30 A.M. – Arrive near the lek, short hike to the trailer.
- 5:45 A.M. – Comfort stop & time to settle into the blind.
- Dawn Until about 10 A.M. – Grouse viewing
- Approx. 10 am – We typically depart before 10am. However, the time the grouse flush can occur at any time. Return Trip to Craig with Wildlife Watching/Photo Opportunities.
- Approx. 11-noon – Optional BYO brunch with one or more of our grouse guides.
Complete itinerary including what to expect, what to bring, and special offers from area businesses is provided to all registered guests at least two weeks before the trip.
Get your tickets below:
(Contact Sasha Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the special VIP weekend tours on March 28-30)
Tour date(s) you want sold out already? Fill out our waiting list form and we will let you know if a spot opens up.
Monday, March 31
Tuesday, April 1 – ADDED DATE!
Wednesday, April 2 – ADDED DATE!
Thursday, April 3
Friday, April 4
Saturday, April 5
Sunday, April 6
Wednesday, April 9 – ADDED DATE!
Thursday, April 10
Friday, April 11
Saturday, April 12
Sunday, April 13
Many thanks to our partners:
Additional support provided by:
Craig Chamber of Commerce, Moffat County Tourism Association, Centennial Mall of Craig, the Village Inn of Craig, City Market of Craig & other Area Businesses