Conservation Colorado works to protect Colorado’s environment and quality of life by mobilizing people and electing conservation‐minded policymakers. We work closely with policy leaders, citizen activists, businesses, and other nonprofits, and have built a reputation as one of the leading conservation advocacy organizations in the region.
Our work focuses on keeping Colorado’s rivers healthy and flowing, mobilizing action to protect our climate, and moving key public lands and wilderness bills to preserve iconic places in Colorado. Conservation Colorado seeks employees and interns who will bring vision, smarts, energy, and passion to their work. We welcome diversity and can adjust position requirements to match the needs of applicants when necessary.For information on the Becca Strelitz Internship Program, click here.
Organizer Manager - Protégete
Location: Denver, CO
Deadline for submission: May 26th, 2017
Work schedule: Full time, exempt position
Conservation Colorado is seeking a full-time Organizer Manager for Protégete, Conservation Colorado’s Latino organizing program who will bring vision, smarts, energy and passion to their work. The Organizing Manager is primarily responsible for building a team of organizers who will build a cohort of activists to engage key decision makers, influence policy and advocate for pro-conservation solutions.
This position presents an opportunity to work with Colorado’s most innovative team that is working on changing the power dynamics that lead to environmental injustice, and making sure that Latinos are in the forefront of the new environmental movement.
About Conservation Colorado
Conservation Colorado works to protect Colorado’s environment and quality of life by mobilizing people and electing conservation‐minded policy makers. We work closely with policy leaders, citizen activists, businesses and other conservation nonprofits, and have built a reputation as one of the leading conservation advocacy organizations in the region. This coming year we will be tackling everything from working to ensure our state has enough water for future generations, and implementing the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Power Plan, to moving key public lands and wilderness bills that will protect iconic places in Colorado.
Our work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
The Protégete Organizer Manager is based in Denver and will supervise organizers in Denver, Jefferson, Arapahoe and Adams Counties. The Protégete Organizer Manager reports directly to the Protégete Program Director. The Organizer Manager is responsible for the following:
- Directly manage and support team of organizers;
- Provide ongoing trainings and support to organizers to effectively recruit, train and mobilize Latino volunteers, including how to execute effective one-on-one’s, house meetings, phone banks and canvasses;
- Conduct weekly organizing team meetings to discuss priorities, strategy, updates, and troubleshooting;
- Design and implement grassroots organizing methods and a well-developed ladder of engagement to recruit, train and mobilize a base of Latino volunteers and activists;
- Train organizers and activists in best practices for community outreach and work directly with our policy staff to ensure that we are designing the best grassroots organizing strategies to meet our policy goals, volunteer recruitment and leadership goals.
- Develop strong relationships with local leaders in the Colorado Latino and conservation communities;
- Work within the Voter Action Network (VAN) to track organizing metrics and ensure that the organizers are accountable to measurable goals.
We’re seeking a candidate who possesses outstanding interpersonal communication skills, is results-focused, highly driven, and is thoughtful and strategic. You should possess:
- Enthusiasm and commitment to building the voice of the Latino community in Colorado
- An interest in environmental activism
- At least two years of community, issue, labor, or political organizing experience
- Experience with successful volunteer or membership recruitment
- Experience leading and managing teams
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Experience in data tracking, organizing metrics and data management
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment
Preference will be given to applicants who are bilingual (Spanish English), bicultural and have Colorado experience or ties
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. Includes health/dental benefits, retirement with match, paid time off program and sabbatical program.
We are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive organization and conservation movement to fully represent and engage all Coloradans and to build as powerful a movement as we can. Recruiting staff that better reflects Colorado is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, race, ethnicity, geographies, political affiliation, and all other identities represented in Colorado or protected by law.
Please send a cover letter and resume by 5/26/17 to Hilda Nucete, Protégete Program Director at email@example.com with “Resume: Protégete Organizer Manager” in the subject line. Position is open until filled and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.