Conservation Colorado is seeking a designer to join our Denver-based communications team. We’re looking for someone with a keen eye for design, passion for photography, and experience creating short-form video content that thrives online.
Work Schedule: Full-time Exempt position
Deadline for submission: August 13, 2021
About Conservation Colorado
Conservation Colorado is committed to protecting our climate, air, lands, water, and communities. Conservation Colorado’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects our commitment to racial and social justice, particularly by ensuring that policy victories are shared by all Coloradans including Black, Indigenous, Latina, Latino, Latinx, other people of color, and other frontline communities.
We achieve these goals by organizing people and electing conservation-minded policymakers. We work closely with policy leaders, activists, businesses, and other organizations, and have built a reputation as one of the leading conservation advocacy organizations in the region. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture of policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
What you’ll do
As the Visual Content Coordinator, you will be responsible for taking Conservation Colorado’s visual identity and brand to the next level. You’ll ensure that our designs are consistent across platforms and reflect our equity values so that our audiences know they’re looking at content from Conservation Colorado. You’ll report to the Communications Director and you will have these areas of responsibility:
- Graphic Design
- Design images that communicate the organization’s mission and values on everything ranging from social media graphics, to fact sheets, postcards, billboards, and everything in between.
- Work with the communications team to create new design ideas to keep Conservation Colorado’s visual brand on the cutting edge.
- Create, implement, and enforce branding and style guides and guidelines to ensure everyone on staff is telling the same visual story.
- Photography and short-form videos
- Act as the organization’s photographer at events
- Conceptualize and create short-form videos that will thrive on social media
In addition to your regular responsibilities, all staff are expected to participate at some level in organizational priorities including helping in certain fundraising efforts, taking part in our election-related activities, and committing to our organizational efforts around equity & inclusivity.
To be successful in this job, you will excel at design, photography, and short-form video creation and want to use those skills to motivate people to take action on our issues. More specifically, you will have or be:
- Whether through formal training or at least two years of relevant experience, you’ll be familiar with design tools like Adobe Creative Suite. You won’t need any training in coding, HTML or Web design for this position, but you will need to understand the best practices of what it takes to capture people’s attention on social media and other digital ad platforms.
- We work on multiple campaigns and projects at a time, often on incredibly tight timelines. You need to have a track record of delivering content on time and have the organizational skills to take on project management, including for printed pieces.
- Ability to digest and present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- A track record of working collaboratively in a team environment to accomplish big goals.
- English/Spanish fluency is a skill that we value, it is not a requirement for this role. However, comfort working in a bilingual environment and experience creating content that resonates with different communities and a willingness to learn best practices to ensure our communications are inclusive of all of the different communities we work with is critical.
The position requires a willingness to work some evening and weekend hours as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
The full-time salary range for this role is between $47,000-$52,000, based on a wage analysis across the organization with exact salary depending on experience. We provide high-quality, zero-deductible health insurance and a strong benefits package that includes a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with a match, at least 28 days of vacation & holidays as well as 6 sick days in your first year, and parental leave and a sabbatical program. This job offers an opportunity to engage people to find solutions to some of the most important environmental issues in Colorado and work with a great team that is committed to a better, more equitable future. It will be challenging, inspiring, and sometimes frustrating, but you’ll be making a big difference.
We are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive organization and conservation movement to fully represent and engage all Coloradans and to build as powerful a movement as we can. Recruiting staff that better reflects Colorado is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, race, ethnicity, geographies, political affiliation, sexual orientations, gender identities, and all other identities represented in Colorado or protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If this job truly speaks to you, please submit your cover letter, your resume, and answer a few short questions in both of the forms below. No phone calls please. If you have a disability and need accommodation or assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by calling us at 303.333.7846.