Location: Remote with the possibility of working in Denver, Colorado when stay at home is lifted.
Deadline for submission: May 20th
Term of Position: May – Sep 2020 (flexible)
Work Schedule: Part time: 10-20 hours a week (flexible)
Compensation: $12 per hour
About Conservation Colorado
Conservation Colorado works to protect Colorado’s environment and quality of life by mobilizing people and electing conservation-minded policy makers. We work closely with policy leaders, citizen activists, businesses and other allies, and have built a reputation as one of the leading conservation advocacy organizations in the Rocky Mountain region.
About The Becca Strelitz Internship Program
This position is part of the Becca Strelitz Internship Program. Becca lived a life full of love and passion; she was grounded in knowing who she was and what she wanted to do. She became involved with our organization as an intern in 2011, and over time, became one of our best and brightest community organizers.
- Create on-brand print documents such as pamphlets, flyers, and fact sheets
- Create visually appealing graphics for social media that simplify complex information
- Come up with creative ideas for projects that will resonate with our audience
- Assist with day-to-day design and photo requests from other departments
- Help strengthen and maintain the Conservation Colorado brand
Qualifications The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about protecting Colorado’s environment and quality of life. Additionally, the candidate should possess a true desire to learn more about graphic design as a strategy for advancing policy and moving legislation. Specific background requirements include:
- Basic graphic design knowledge with programs like InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Ability to manage short-term and long-term deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in team settings
- Willingness to say “yes” to a variety of new and challenging projects
- Ability to take constructive criticism well and understand that the best idea wins
- Interest in other forms of social media/visual communication
- Ability to speak Spanish is desirable, but not a requirement
Compensation and Benefits The Communications Intern will earn $12 per hour.
Additionally, letters of recommendation may also be provided upon request (and course credit when applicable). Intern will also gain direct experience working with seasoned and knowledgeable political and environmental professionals at one of Colorado’s leading conservation organizations. Opportunities for full-time employment at Conservation Colorado do occasionally occur and interns are eligible to apply.
Special Job Requirements Flexible work hours; some evening and weekend hours may occur.
We are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive organization and conservation movement to fully represent and engage all Coloradans and to build as powerful a movement as we can. Recruiting staff and volunteers that better reflect Colorado is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, geographies, political affiliations, and all other identities represented in Colorado or protected by law.
How to Apply Please fill out this short questionnaire and send a cover letter and resume to Jonathan Trites, Visual Storytelling Coordinator, with the subject line “Graphic Design Intern” to email@example.com by May 20th.