Digital Engagement Coordinator
Deadline for submission: October 11th
Work Schedule: Full-time, Exempt
Conservation Colorado is seeking a Digital Engagement Coordinator based in Denver who will be responsible for using digital media platforms to engage the public, build an activist base, move members up the ladder of engagement, and implement Conservation Colorado’s campaign goals.
About Conservation Colorado
Conservation Colorado is committed to protecting our lands, air, water, and communities to keep Coloradans healthy while protecting the Colorado way of life we know and love. Conservation Colorado’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects our commitment to racial and social justice. Particularly by ensuring that policy victories are shared by all Coloradans including disproportionately impacted and frontline communities. We achieve these goals by organizing people and electing conservation-minded policymakers. We work closely with policy leaders, citizen activists, businesses and other conservation nonprofits, and have built a reputation as one of the leading conservation advocacy organizations in the region. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
What You’ll Do
Now more than ever activism happens online. Conservation Colorado is committed to a visionary digital strategy to mobilize our members, reach new audiences, develop racially diverse community leaders, influence decision makers, and ultimately protect Colorado’s environment and people. This position reports to the Digital Director and is responsible for taking our social media, digital advertising, and online organizing strategies to the next level of effectiveness. Although this position is not a content creator, the Digital Engagement Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that our content is most effectively presented and distributed to maximize engagement on digital channels. This role can evolve over time, but you will have these areas of responsibility.
Managing our digital platforms
- Distribute cutting-edge digital content related to policy, electoral, and fundraising campaigns.
- Track and evaluate performance, engagement, and reach of social media platforms and websites.
- Ensure use of digital platforms is strategic, creative, and adapts to trends and updates.
- Build and implement cross-channel digital advertising plans to achieve organizational and campaign goals.
- Develop and implement campaigns that cost-effectively capture and engage new members, re-engage lapsed members, and grow our donor base.
- Deploy sophisticated targeting and list segmentation tactics to reach the right audiences and/or maximize engagement.
- Deploy innovative tools and tactics to deepen member engagement through online platforms.
- Work with other departments to effectively cultivating activists online and move them offline.
In addition to your regular responsibilities, all staff are expected to participate at some level in organizational priorities including helping in certain fundraising efforts, taking part in our election-related activities, and committing to our organizational efforts around equity & inclusivity.
To be successful in this job, you will demonstrate the judgment, results-focused work, and efficiency to work well with our team. Fundamentally, we want someone who is passionate about digital engagement and understands how digital strategy can build power for an advocacy organization. More specifically, you will have or be most or all of the following:
- Experience with digital platforms: Understands how to capture peoples’ attention online, reach targeted audiences, deploy rapid response content, and sustain engagement over longer narratives. While you should be familiar with social media platforms and definitely not afraid to learn things like HTML, you don’t need to be an expert. We can teach you what you need to know if you’re excited to learn.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment: Ability to handle high volumes of incoming requests from different people, remain nimble with prioritization, manage sideways and up to make decisions, and communicate with other departments about decision making.
- Data-Based Decision Maker: Is comfortable with numbers and gets the value of using data to analyze progress and make decisions.
- Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Understands that digital engagement must be equitable and inclusive for all people and that digital strategies and tactics should prioritize accessibility and cultural competency for targeted populations. We’d love someone that is Spanish/English bilingual but it’s not required.
This is a full-time job but there can be some flexibility in the exact schedule.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. We provide high-quality, zero-deductible health insurance and a strong benefits package that includes a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with match, at least 28 days of paid time off & holidays as well as 5 sick days in your first year, and parental leave and a sabbatical program. This job offers an opportunity to engage people to find solutions to some of the most important environmental issues in Colorado and work with a great team that is committed to a better, more equitable future. It will be challenging, inspiring, and sometimes frustrating, but you’ll be making a big difference. The salary range for this position is $36,000 – 45,000 with the exact salary depending on experience and new staff rarely starting at the top of the range.
We are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive organization and conservation movement to fully represent and engage all Coloradans and to build as powerful a movement as we can. Recruiting staff that better reflects Colorado is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, race, ethnicity, geographies, political affiliation, and all other identities represented in Colorado or protected by law.
If this job truly speaks to you please fill out this short questionnaire and send a cover letter and resume by October 11th to Lilly Zoller with the subject line “Digital Engagement Coordinator” to email@example.com. No phone calls please.